Lighthouse Point Yacht Club
Policies and Rules
- The lease can be cancelled by Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, Inc. (LPYC) for acts of theft, disruptive behavior, non-payment of account, or carelessness causing damage to property and any other objectionable conduct or any good or pertinent reason.
- Tenant agrees to comply with all rules and regulations set forth herein and on the back of the lease, as such may be amended from time to time by LPYC, and should breach of the Lease or violation of rules and regulations occur, the lease agreement shall terminate upon ten (10) days notice, and LPYC may remove the boat from her mooring (including directing a contractor to remove the boat and place it in Dry Dock) all at Tenant’s expense.
- All Boats, Personal Water Crafts (PWC) and Trailers on LPYC property must have individual contracts and a current year LPYC stickers. Payments of space rent constitutes acceptance of all the terms, conditions, and rules of the lease.
- LPYC shall not be liable for the care or protection of the boat PWC or trailer (including gear, equipment, attachments and contents) or for any loss or damage of whatever kind or nature whether due to negligence of LPYC or otherwise. LESSEE AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS LPYC AGAINST ANY LOSS, COST, SUIT, CLAIM OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE LESSEE.
- LPYC shall have a lien against the Tenant’s boat, her appurtenances and contents for rent or unpaid sums due for the use of dock facilities or other services, or for damage caused or contributed to by the Tenant’s boat or by Tenant to any docks, property of LPYC, or any other person or boat.
- INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: Tenant must insure the boat and personal property at all times in a suitable amount and against all hazards and casualties and make Lessee’s insurance Company aware of the terms and conditions of the lease. Tenant agrees to provide a certificate of insurance satisfactory to LPYC showing liability coverage in effect for a minimum amount of $300,000.00 during the lease Space assignments will be made only after proof of insurance is given to LPYC..
- Dock attendants are permitted to perform only those activities as directed by the Harbormaster.
- Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times. Tenant and Tenant’s guests shall use discretion in operating engines, generators, radios and television sets, equipment and tools, so as not to create a nuisance or disturbance. All boaters shall conduct themselves so as not to unreasonably annoy, bother, or interfere with the rights and privileges of others. Boaters are also responsible for the conduct and behavior of their guests.
- Between midnight and 8am a general state of quiet shall be observed.
- Pets, when off the boat, shall be leashed within the confines of the Marina and toileted in designated areas only.
- Tenant is responsible for immediate cleaning of docks, etc. in the event of an accident.
- Pets permitted only if they do not disturb other guests
- Pets are not permitted in restrooms or showers.
- Use of electrical outlets other than the ones assigned to you on your meter is prohibited unless specifically approved in writing by LPYC Management.
- Electricity for slips that is individually metered shall be coordinated by LPYC, with payment for the service the sole responsibility of Tenant.
- Power cords must not be allowed to contact the water, and should be de-energized from the source when the slip is unoccupied.
- Marina must approve all electrical power pedestal alterations, and the cost of such alterations and the cost to return the power pedestal to its original condition shall be the burden of Tenant.
- The slip is assigned by LPYC to Tenant for Tenant’s boat use only. Boat must be moored in the slip assigned to it. The Tenant is liable for any charge incurred for having to move a boat to its assigned slip.
- The assigned slip shall include the finger on the side of the slip closest to the parking lot.
- Storage of private property is not allowed on walkways or finger except in approved dock boxes
- Attachments (including, but not limited to satellite dishes, sun shades, fans, lights or signs) to Marina property [including, but not limited to: dock, roof, roof support and walkway] are prohibited unless specifically approved in writing by LPYC Management.
- All corner wheels and other slip improvements must be approved in writing and installed/removed according to instructions of LPYC Management. See #6.
- All boats leaving their slips are the privileged boat and have the right-of-way. Conversely, boats returning to their slips are the burdened boats.
- Tenant shall not assign, transfer or permit the use of their assigned slip or any other slip to any other party without written consent from LPYC Management.
- Tenant’s with annual contracts shall have the first right to renew the slip assignment for Tenant’s boat for the following year. Notification of renewal must be submitted before 30 days of expiration of their current
- In the event Tenant’s boat is sold, Tenant must inform LPYC in writing within seven (7) days of the sale that the sale has occurred and advise Marina whether or not Tenant has an intention to secure a replacement boat which would utilize the same slip.
- Tenant’s buyer shall remove the sold boat from Tenant’s slip or with written permission from Tenant, take over the slip and sign a new contract within seven (7) days of the sale.
- Dinghies and PWC’s must fit totally within the slip. If you have a contracted PWC, do not use empty slips or unused portions of someone else’s slip for it unless you have permission from that slip renter and LPYC.
- Dock boxes and boarding steps, which have been approved by management, shall be the only items allowed on the fingers. We ask that all dock boxes be screwed down into the finger to ensure they do not blow away. We also ask that items be placed in the middle of the finger, not at the end, and that you leave enough room to get past them to access the end of the finger.
- A boat’s length shall be measured by a plumb line that begins at the farthest protruding point of the boat’s bow or attachments to the boat as it is maintained in the slip and ends at the farthest protruding point of the boat’s stern or attachments to the boat as it is maintained in the slip.
- If an anchor, stanchions, I/O units, swim platforms, lifts or the like protrudes out past the hull, then the plumb line shall be from the farthest protruding point.
- Neither the boat nor its equipment may extend more than two feet beyond the end of the slip or protrude over the main walkway more than one foot.
- If anchor, stanchions or the like protrudes out past the hull, but are at least over 7’ vertical clearance from Dock Walkway, then allowance is made for additional 2’ overhang.
- Dinghies, davits, swim platforms, lifts and other items can not be added to a boat unless the boat as modified continues to be in compliance with these rules.
- The entire harbor is a NO WAKE ZONE.
- No hazardous materials (including fuel, oil, filters, and batteries) shall be permitted on docks, poured or discharged on the water, put in the dumpster/garbage cans or left in the common area. Used oil may be placed next to the dumpster for us to dispose of, but only with LPYC permission.
- Positively no open flame or charcoal grilling on the docks or on boats tied up in slips. Grilling will be permitted at the gazebo and at the top of each dock ramp.
- NO SWIMMING is permitted in the harbor.
- No firearms or fireworks shall be displayed or discharged in the harbor.
- Laundry shall not be hung on boats, or docks in the Marina.
- LPYC reserves the right to limit and govern parking space in the Marina parking lot. BOAT TRAILERS, CAMPERS, AND RECREATIONAL VEHICLES ARE PROHIBITED with the exception of the lot behind the office building, but only with LPYC’s permission.
- Long trucks or vans and vehicles with trailer hitches must back into the parking space on the hill side of the driveway so you do not hang over the concrete driveway.
- Fueling of PWC and boats in the marina is strictly prohibited without the approval of LPYC management.
- Center walkways must be kept clear of all items at all times.
- No signs of any kind shall be displayed on boats or premises without the approval of management. ’Boat for sale’ notices may be displayed on the bulletin board, but do not designate slip location of the boat. We do not want to encourage strangers to walk on our docks.
- To ensure our wifi is working for all of our customers, we ask that you not use personal routers without checking with us. They can interfere with our system’s signal.
Trash and Waste
- All trash must be packaged in trash bags and disposed of in the dumpster by the boater.
- Large items being discarded (such as carpet, mattresses, furniture, etc) must be removed from the premises by the boat owner. Please do not leave trash on your boat or on your slip finger. It attracts wild animals.
- No discarded oil or hazardous materials are to be placed in trash containers. If you have “used oil” to be disposed of, please inform the office. Put the used oil in a leak proof container and set it at the side of the dumpster. LPYC will properly dispose of the used oil.
- No dumping of port-a-potties in restroom or shower facilities.
- No discharging of sewage into the harbor.
- We encourage the use of our pump out facility. It only takes 5 minutes of your time to do your part to help keep our waters clean. Tokens can be purchased in the office and at the fuel dock at a nominal fee.
- All boats must be in seaworthy condition and reasonably clean and free of clutter during the term of this agreement. LPYC Management has the sole discretion to declare a boat un-seaworthy or not being maintained to reasonable standards, and to direct the Lessee to correct the deficiencies or remove such boat from the LPYC within thirty (30) days, failing which, LPYC may correct the deficiencies or remove the boat (including directing a contractor to remove the boat and place it on land) all at Tenant’s expense.
- Tenant authorizes LPYC to pump out boats which appear to be in danger of sinking and agree to pay for any services rendered or supplied. LPYC does not, however, have any duty or obligation to render aid to a boat or inspect boats to determine if the boat is seaworthy, such responsibility being and remaining that of the Tenant.
- No electricity is to be used unless otherwise approved in writing by LPYC Management.
- No work of any kind shall be performed inside the building.
- Batteries must be shut off, disconnected or removed.
- Storage area can be accessed during normal office hours only.
- All contractors or workers performing work on Tenant’s boat must have (and be prepared to show to Marina representatives) proof of liability insurance ($1,000,000 coverage) and certificate of workman’s compensation and perform their work in an area to be assigned LPYC suitable in which to perform their work.
- The use of torches or open flame, inflammable or toxic removers, or any other hazardous equipment is prohibited.
- No work can be performed by a contractor that is direct competition with services offered by LPYC.
Payments / Non-Payments
- Annual or seasonal rent is due and payable in advance of the first day of the contract.
- Monthly rent is due and payable in advance of the first day of each month of the contract.
- If payment is not received within five days after the due date 2% will be added to the balance due each month until the bill is paid in full.
- Any boat left in its slip past the end of the contract will be charged by the day prorated at the monthly rate.
- If a boat is in a slip and the bill is more than 30 days past due, the boat will be secured in the slip or put into dry-dock and winterized at the owners expense.
- If you have a small boat or PWC, and you do not have a trailered boat contract for it with LPYC, your account will be charged $1.00 per foot per day for transient docking if you dock/park it anywhere in the marina other than within your contracted slip.
Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, Inc., may at any time cancel a member’s contract and demand member to remove his/her boat from the marina premises if said member’s actions or those of his family or guests, in the opinion of Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, Inc., become objectionable to other members or the owners or staff of Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, Inc., or detrimental to the operation of the marina.